Letterheads –A perception and Essence of your Business Sense.
Letterheads are a conventional and custom pre-printed business stationery mostly used with matching envelopes for an organization. Letterhead is a strong component to reflect the company’s brand including a logo or special images. An elegantly designed and professionally printed letterhead recites, “Quality matters and, I truly care about it in all ambiance of my business communications.
Letterheads – An instrument to deliver the scripted form of verbal business discussions, deals, engagements, information, and financial particulars (invoices, etc.). It seals mutual vs legal arrangements in between business entities or persons.
What does Letterhead Meaning?
Letterhead meaning is the heading on the top, on the letter paper it consists of business name and address, company’s logo or symbol, email, contact details, company’s registration no. and some high-quality letterheads consist of the brand logo’s watermark also.
Letterhead – Roles and significance of Company Letterhead
The company Letterhead contributes a significant role in the corporates and industries, no matter the size of business or type of industry. Letterhead is a carriage stationary used to send correspondent, invoices, advertisements, and legal or official notices. It generally uses to print quotations, business proposals, and contracts.
Letterhead prevents fraud and forgery, establish legitimacy in the business. This legitimacy helps to lend the credibility and confidence of the recipient in your business and its branding.
Use of Business Letterheads – Letterhead Format
Business Letterheads are a legal requirement for all companies. Business Letterhead format is a versatile document in use, such as:
- Writing of Minutes and Notices – It’s an information distributor.
- Writing Invoices – It’s a financial disclosure (Payment Invoice, Payment receipt, etc.)
- Legal announcements – It’s a communication writing paper
- Inter-departmental information exchanger
- Business-related information to other business parties – It’s a correspondence document.
Steps to create a Letterheads in Word format – Letterhead format Word
Letterhead in word format – to design the Letterhead format word need to follow these steps:
- Document – Open Blank Word Document
- Template – Select Letterhead templates from Microsoft word – These templates help to create professional letterhead.
- Customization – select the Print Layout menu bar and start customization. Update your Business name and other desired details on it.
- Select Header and Footer from Insert Menu. It will show various styles of Header, Select any as per choice.
- Now the “Design” mode is ready. In the Design menu, click Pictures from the Insert menu à Insert File Dialog will open à find your graphic file and click Add your other text.
- Review the balancing and alignment of Logo, texts, and its size. Right-click on image for Size and Position.
Optional and Desirable: You can add the address or any other text in the Footer section. You can change font type, color, or highlight your text.
Few considerations while letterhead design:
- The Basic Printable: The stuff of the letterhead is moreover similar to your business card, Flyer, and brochures: company logo, name, registered and correspondent address, and email, contact no. & Fax, and business registration no. (It isn’t put on business cards), sometimes tagline also.
- Standard Industry Specific Details: The format and designs varied according to the industry or business types. Such as a letterhead of hospital or medical clinic include the name of medical practitioners, law firms can include their partners’ name, an NGO or charitable organization may include the sponsors or directors name on it.
- Be Effective, not Crazy – Letterhead Template Design, Keep it Simple: Always keep it in mind while designing that letterhead carries a purpose, it is a meaningful platform of exchange of written communications. Do not add the complexity in the design, keep it as simple as possible. It means that design should be reasonably concise, and need to leave sufficient space for writing the content. The visual design should be simple and not destructive to the recipient.
- Select the Right Typography – Typography plays a vital role to enhance the overall look of the letterhead. Select the right typography for letterhead while choosing its design, which suits best to your brand and nature of business.
- Black & White or Color: Colors give a catchy and pleasant impression or look. The selection of colors is an important part of designing, it should not be overloaded. Colors can be effectively applied in a logo and one or two other places as suits based on design. It can be purely black & white also.
- Add Valuable or Fancy add-ons: There are interest and options to add some premium applications on letterheads, such as custom watermarks, handmade or exclusive papers, environmentally friendly papers, cutouts, etc. These add-ons can be used and considered for limited edition communications, as extra designing and printing cost is involved in it.
Letterheads Printing Vs Create Brand Identity
Letterhead Printing is one of the top marketing instrument to create the brand identity for any business.
Whatever is your business nature or industry type, powerful brand value is a unique factor to give it a professional look and make it memorable. Similarly as a letterhead, a sizable volume of branding & marketing business material are other printing stationery such as envelopes, business cards, brochures, and catalogs.
Being a professional aspect, just imagine to write a business letter on a bare paper sheet. Think about what impression it will give to the reader’s mind?
It will show the incompetency of professionalism, quality, and standard of your business. Using a printed letterhead establishes a personal touch with visual representation, a sense of attachment, and seriousness towards your reader, client as well as business branding.
Letterheads can aid to edify the brand image:
- It shows professionalism, represents your business brand. The Logo on letterhead and Tagline (if printed) can be used to improve the business strategy by associating it with your business.
- It’s a silent yet effective engine to advertise your brand new and future clients.
- It’s a type of document which stays in the record for a long period. It consists of correct contact information and other company details. If any time the client needs to recollect these details, it’s easy to get the information, get in touch, and transact with your company.
- As its use for generating and issuing the sales invoice. So it can be used as a powerful branding tool to attract potential clients and uplift sales by turning those clients to build loyal, constant, and paying relationships with reliability.
Key Elements to include in letterhead Template word
Here are important elements to design a good Letterhead Template word:
- Key Contents – The key component to include on letterheads are:
- Name of the company
- Logo or business symbol
- Company’s registered or correspondent address
- Contact details – Landline, mobile, and Fax
- Email Address
These are some vital elements that need to be included mandatorily.
- Layout – Layout should be effectively drawn. The Company’s name holds great importance in itself, its challenge to retain the appearance decisively in the largest eye-catching and focused word. Font size, alignment, and other elements should be proper. Heading and other details shouldn’t look crowded, the look should be clean & captivating.
- Paper Stock – Paper quality, color, and weight are important elements that need to pay careful consideration while selecting it. Paper color makes a big difference in its appearance. In the letterhead, the paper is the only element that gives physical touch & feels to the reader. That feeling of experience should be soothing, effective, and activating. The higher quality of the paper, its tone, and texture, the more expensive it feels.
- Color scheme – The paper should be the standard business size. Most popularly cream, white, or milky white shade used to print the letterhead. These shades give better visibility and appearance to the logo and Company’s name that helps to grab the attention of the reader.
- Font Selection – Easy and clear readability is the primary aspect while choosing a font. Always prefer and choose the font and font size which is easily readable. Avoid using cursive letters or fancy fonts which cause the reader to squint and simply positioned an unprofessional look.
- Letterhead Size – The standard letterhead size/sizes in use are:
- A4 (210*297mm) – A4 is the most appropriate and usual letterhead size it fits perfectly in standard size envelopes.
- A5 (210*148mm)
- Positioning & Alignment – In the process of creating the design of the letterhead, the correct and appropriate positioning & alignment allow to place all information properly. These are two important and constructive elements, which can beautify the finishing touch with drive an exude professionalism into the document.
- Printing Considerations on the template – A professional printer often helps the client to create design choices if it having trouble. Printers have sample books of various types of paper stock, styles, Printing Ink quality, other design elements, and previously printed work samples. These elements help in the selection of the desired type of letterhead template to the client.
Letterhead is a document with regular as well as legal importance in the business world. It should be well-designed and printed in high quality. Letterhead Printing must be clean and inevitable to read.